- identifying some of our local (regional + parliamentary constituency) elected representatives
- investigating what MPs actually do!
- researching the role of Parliament
|Can you name the local MP? Do you know which party he represents?|
Use the links provided to help answer these questions.
|An unusual MP?|
- How many MPs are there for the West Yorkshire area, and which political party holds most of these seats? [Use this Wiki - its a little bit out of date; there should be one less Labour and one Respect MP]
- How many MPs are there for the Bradford council district? Name them, and note which party they represent. [Use this Bradford Council list]
- Who is the MP for the area that includes Ilkley, which party does s/he represent and what is the constituency called? [You can use the same link as for Q2, or this one!]
- This question requires some independent research: parliamentary seats are described as being either safe or marginal - which is Keighley? (You should look at the size of the majority, the difference between the number of votes received by the winner and the runner-up)
- What makes George Galloway MP (Bradford West) unusual in terms of party affiliation?